Tuesday, August 23, 2011

So I wait...


I’m sitting in our apartment at the athletes village at the World championships in Daegu Korea, my foot is numb in a bucket of ice, and I wait. I’m waiting to see if it takes the injection I had last night to the joint that’s been bothering me and hampering my preperation for the past month or so. You don’t have to tell me, it’s less than ideal circumstances 4 days out from a World Championship race but despite this I’m taking heart in the simple fact that God has always, is always and will always be faithful. Reality is, I have a sore foot, but reality also is,  I’ve worked hard to get to this point so I’m resolved to fight till the end and either delight in or accept the result. I take heart in remembering how in times like these gone by, even though the experience has been frustrating, there always seems to be testimony to be made about how God has turned it around for good. To Him be the glory. Still. So I wait.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8.28





No comments:

Post a Comment